- Intellectual property
- Corporate / M&A
- International Trade
Registration and activities of offshore companies / Register your company in the UAE
UAE - federal state, consisting of seven emirates, each of which is a micro-state with absolute monarchy: Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Kayvayn, Fujairah and Sharjah.
The organizational forms of companies are:
Limited Liability Company (LLC) - a private company with limited liability. For tax status, resident. Registered in the territory of one of the emirates, and may carry on business throughout the UAE.
Limited Liability Company (LLC) - a minimum of 2 shareholder. Thus 51% of a company must belong to a resident of the UAE.
Free Zone Establishment (FZE) - a private company with limited liability. For tax status, resident. Registered only in one of the free economic zones emirates and may conduct its activities only in an economic zone.
Free Zone Establishment (FZE) - one shareholder. 100% of this company may belong to foreign investors.
The first two types of companies - a company that is used only if the opening of the local office of real workers.
Company LLC and FZE required to keep accounting records, provide annually to shareholders for approval of the financial statements and take them to Companies House.
Mezhdunarodnaya company in Free Zone (IBC) - a private company with limited liability. For tax status, non-resident. Registered only in one of the emirates of free economic zones and can only conduct its activities outside the UAE.
Mezhdunarodnaya company in Free Zone (IBC) - a shareholder. 100% of this company may belong to foreign investors.
IBC companies will not rent statements.
The UAE has almost every activity to be licensed and newly created companies must obtain a license.
Types of licenses:
• Trading license - covering from 3 to 5 types of goods
• General Trading License - covering all kinds of goods other than goods related to aviation, securities, financial products and real estate)
• Industrial License - allows industrial activity, while always studied the production process and the issue of environmental pollution;
• Service License - for services (consulting, marketing, freight forwarding, investments, etc.);
• License for real estate - real estate trade (not entitle brokerage)
• Aviation license - freight and aircraft leasing, trade airplanes, helicopters, spare parts.
Getting these types of licenses required passage of special procedures:
• Banking, insurance, investment and financial activities.
List of free economic zones
1. Jebel Ali Fhee Zone Authority (JAFZA)
2. Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA)
3. Dubai Technology, Electronic Commerce BV Media Free Zone
4. Dubai Cars and Automotive Zone (DUCAMZ)
5. Dubai Health Care City (DHCC)
6. Gold and Diamond Park (DGDP)
7. Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
8. Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF)
9. Hamriyah Free Zone (HFZ, Sharjah)
10. Ajman Free Zone (AFZ, Ajman)
11. Ras Al Khaimah Free Zone (RAKFTZ, Ras Al Khaimah)
12. Ahmed Bin Rashid Free Zone (ABR, Umm Al Quwain)
13. Fujairah Free Zone (FFZ, Fujairah)
A special feature is the fact that employees and founders of companies or LLC can FZE resident visa in the UAE.
The UAE has no income tax (companies are exempt from tax for 50 years), companies are exempt from all customs duties (import and export), there is no income tax on capital gains, dividends and interest received, not taxed.