- Type of Trademark (Word, Logo, etc.);
- Passport data (1,2 pages and registration) - for individuals;
- Certificate of incorporation (or Extract) - for legal entities;
- Power of Attorney (not notarized). The form of the power of attorney for the registration of the Trade Mark will be filled by our specialists and will be sent to you in electronic form for signing.
MORE THAN 10 YEARS OF ACTIVE PRACTICE IN THE SPHERE OF PROTECTION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, TWO STAFF PATENT ATTORNEYS, MORE THAN 500 REGISTERED TRADEMARKS.
FOR FREE LEGAL ADVICE, PLEASE CALL +380 (44) 227 09 93
The cost of registration of the trade mark depends on the number of classes according to International (Nice) Classification of Goods and Services, the type of trade mark (word, logo or combination of words and logos), and the registration period (4.5 or 12-17 months). The specialists of KODEX will help you to calculate the full cost of trade mark registration.
The service includes
- Extensive consultations in the volume you need.
- Choice of classes according to ICGS (International Classification of Goods and Services).
- Preparation and submission of application materials for the registration of the mark for goods and services.
- Legal support of clerical correspondence throughout the term of trade mark registration.
- Obtaining of the trade mark registration certificate and its transfer to the customer (in case of payment of state duty and fee for publication).
How to protect your brand from a competitor?
Why do I need a preliminary inspection of the trademark?
Registration of a trademark is almost mandatory when doing business. The trademark allows the consumer to distinguish the products of your company, among a huge number of offers of competitors. In addition, a registered brand allows you to protect your business from unfair actions of competitors. The presence of a Certificate for a sign for goods and services gives the right to apply to the court for the protection of rights to a trademark. The operation of the trademark extends to the territory of the whole Ukraine, so it does not matter where you do your business. Documents for trademark registration are to be submitted to the state enterprise “Ukrainian Intellectual property institute” (Ukrpatent) in Kyiv.
The registered trademark significantly increases the cost of business, and is one of the factors of capitalization. It is recommended to register a trademark for an individual. In case of liquidation of the legal entity (the owner of the trade mark) the trade mark must be passed to the third party. This can cause a number of inconveniences. The same situation will be with registering a brand by several owners. If one of the owners is a legal entity, the rights to the trademark should be transferred with subsequent registration of the transfer of these rights.
General information about trade mark
TM can be registered as:
A verbal trademark (word mark) – common words, fictional words or phrases of words, various abbreviations, slogans and other.
A visual trade mark – this designation is reproduced in the form of drawings, logos, symbols, graphic combinations of any shapes, combination of colors and more.
A combined trademark – a designation that includes both verbal and visual elements in any of their associations.
A three-dimensional (three-dimensional) trademark – a three-dimensional (three-dimensional) designation of any object, including a special bottle shape, packaging of a washing powder, etc.
Color of trade mark
It is necessary to take into account the fact that not only the cost of trademark registration depends on the color of the trademark, but also the volume of the protection received after registration. A black and white trademark has a broader legal protection and the owner of such a trademark has the right to use his designation in any color, while the owner of a color trade mark protects the designation in a particular color or combination of colors.
Term of trade mark registration
Standard registration of a trademark for today, as a rule, takes 12 months from the moment of submission of the Application for registration. The decision to register a trademark is usually obtained within 1 year.
Trademark registration within 6-8 months – this acceleration is usually ordered if an application for registration of TM was submitted under the standard procedure, but the plans have changed and it is necessary to accelerate at one of the registration stages (qualification expertise) after 6 months from the date of filing the registration application. Thus, a certificate of trademark registration can be obtained within 6-8 months.
Accelerated registration of the trademark within 8 months. The law firm KODEX is the only company in Ukraine where the registration of trademarks is conducted in shortest period of time. Accelerated registration of the trademark allows you to quickly receive UA domains that require a Certificate of Trade Mark Registration.
Such registration of the trademark is not cheap, but those who order it, pay for speed and guaranteed quality.
Classes according to International (Nice) Classification of Goods and Services
ICGS CLASSES is an International Classification of Goods and Services. Select the goods and / or services for which the trademark is registered. An obligatory condition for the registration of a trademark is the compilation of a list of goods and / or services for which a designation is registered. This list determines the scope of rights that can be granted to your TM. To date, there is already a 10-edition of the ICGS. This classification, like the classification of KVED, provides a clear definition of the direction of business. In fact, it helps you determine the scope of activity for which you register a trademark (a sign for goods and services). Moreover, the number of selected ICGS classes directly affects the cost of registration of the trademark.
In total there are 45 classes in the ICGS classifier. From 1 to 34 classes goods are listed, from 35 to 45 classes services are listed. Each of the classes for the convenience of users is classified by certain generic characteristics. In case you have any difficulties with the choice of classes, please contact the experts of our law firm. They always will provide you with answers to all questions for free.
Stages of trade mark registration
1. Preparatory stage: the choice of the ICGS classes, the choice of the term of registration, the choice of the TM type (color, logo, word, etc.), preliminary inspection of TM (it is necessary to make sure that in this ICGS class there is no such brand, registered earlier).
2. Submission of necessary materials: collection of application materials, payment of state fee, filing of application for registration of TM.
3. Obtaining rights to TM: obtaining a decision on registration of TM, payment of state duty and fee for publication, publication in the official bulletin - obtaining a certificate for TM. In case of need, appeal against the decision to refuse registration of TM (trademark).
As you can see, the algorithm for registering a trademark is quite complicated. At all stages professional knowledge and skills, experience with public services and the existence of a stable nervous system are required. That is why we offer our assistance in this matter at democratic prices.
Why should the trade mark registration be conducted
The registration of the trademark gives the exclusive right to use the trademark / logo / name of your company. Now it is an integral part of the success of a modern entrepreneur: increasing the commercial value of goods and services, building business reputation and protecting against unfair competitors.
If you decide to register a trademark yourself in Kyiv, Ukraine or under the international procedure, be prepared for a long, troublesome and far from always successful process of obtaining rights to your trademark. KODEX law firm is always glad to render you professional assistance and advisory support.
Why do you need to get your trademark registration done
Why do you need to get your trademark registration done?
If you decide to register your trademark in Kiev by yourselves, either in Ukraine or on the international level, you should understand that the process of registration is a long, time-consuming task, which can be not as successful as you wish in the end. KODEX Company is always happy to provide you with our professional help and support.
Algorithm of the trade mark registration in Ukraine
1. Preparatory stage:
- § the choice of the ICGS classes;
- § the choice of the term of registration;
- § the choice of the TM type (color, logo, word, etc.);
- § preliminary inspection of TM (it is necessary to make sure that in this ICGS class there is no such brand, registered earlier).
2. Submission of necessary materials:
- § collection of application materials;
- § payment of state fee;
- § filing of application for registration of TM.
3. Obtaining rights to TM:
- § obtaining a decision on registration of TM;
- § payment of state duty and fee for publication;
- § publication in the official bulletin;
- § obtaining a certificate for TM;
- § in case of need, appeal against the decision to refuse registration of TM (trademark).
Why do I need a preliminary inspection of the trademark?
The service of preliminary search of a trademark (a sign for goods and services) for identity and similarity is conducted with the purpose of checking the originality of your designation (trade mark).
Customers often consider their TM to be unique and original and refuse to conduct a preliminary check. Such actions sometimes lead to the refusal of the Office to register due to the presence of a similar registered trademark. In this case, you still have to preliminarily inspect your trade mark, and then apply for registration again. All this entails additional expenses. It is necessary to take into account the fact that the registration of trade mark by the usual procedure takes about a year. If there is a similar or identical to your trademark, you will receive a denial of registration at the end of the above-mentioned period. By that time you will have already spent your time on advertising of your company, signs, etc.